Thursday, October 30, 2008

Crown for Halloween Costume


My oldest daughter is to be Glenda the Good Witch from The Wizard Of Oz. I'm fighting with that last 25% to be done (adding puffy sleeves to the dress and some type of embellishment to the bodice). Our town in trick or treating tonight, so the pressure is on... but, I'm going to be happy with small victories!!! And, I'm tickled pink with the crown, so I'm taking a break from the dress, having some lunch and posting pictures of the crown!
You know how it goes ... sometimes if the sewing machine is being a pain - you have to step away for a bit.

The crown is made using a cut from a thrifted tablecloth, muslin, ribbon, crystals (hot glued on) and timetex. It also has an elastic band in the back.

I had a hard time getting a photo that truly showed how cute it came out... :( But, I am THRILLED with it. Wish I could get the dress finished, so I'd be thrilled with it!!!

No comments: