Saturday, October 18, 2008

Vinyl, ribbon and nickel plated hardware.....

makes for an (I think) really cool cuff..... I was playing around in my sewing room and decided that I wanted to do something with a scrap piece of black vinyl that I had in there. And, I thought (and, I realize this isn't an original idea!!!) ... 'hmmm, I'll make a cuff for myself! Initially, I was planning to do a simple snap cuff with industrial eyelet embellishments (which, I still want to do)... but, as I was looking for something on the shelf above my head, a box of D rings fell off (avoiding my head by only inches... lucky!).

And, as I was putting them back up, I had the idea to make the cuff you see below, using some ribbon as the embellishment... What do you think?

With the hardware on the underside of the wrist...

Underside:
Other (top) side:
Or the way that I'm going to wear it... with the hardware on top...

I can't wait to make some more!!! Would love to hear your thoughts.....

No comments: