Sunday, January 22, 2006

Fabric and yarn and beads, OH MY!

Fabric, yarn and beads - without a doubt, 'these are a few of my favorite things!' So, last night at midnight (okay, really EARLY this morning), I was thinking that I wanted to do something with all of these 3 things. Now, I've done projects before where I've utilized them all - but, not with each having equal billing, so to speak. So, off to my fabric stash, yarn stash and bead stash to figure out what to use. I decided I wanted something blue, with bits of pink. Then, I went to the sewing machine.

And here is the result:



When I finished that I went to bed. Then as I was tossing and turning, trying to go to sleep (I have the hardest time, I tell you!), I remembered a stamp that I bought two vacations ago of a palmetto tree and crescent mood. That is the logo, of sorts, for out state. So, I decided that today - since I haven't in TWO years! - I needed to either use that stamp or give it to someone who would. So, I created a little beaded art piece to give to a friend who loves the 'Carolina Girl' theme ;-). So, here is the result of that - it took me a while to do the beading on this one! But, it added a nice effect, I think. I used ink for the letter stamps, but paint for the palmetto tree/crescent moon stamp.

No comments: