Saturday, November 29, 2008

Birthday Gift

One of my dearest friends has a birthday next week!!

I couldn't decide what to make for her (but, I knew that I'd make something). Her birthday is difficult, because it's so close to Christmas - so, how do I decide what is for Christmas and what is for her birthday??

I have seen lots of portfolios or pad-folios online and I decided to make that for her. I didn't use a pattern, just kind of winged it based on the size of the note pad (in this case 5"X8"). I decided to have it close with ribbon and D-rings. I figured this way it is can hold a lot and still close. I put a pocket on the left hand side, as well as a vinyl business card (or whatever card) holder. On the right side there is a full pocket to hold the mini-legal pad.


For stability, I used Timetex between the outside (which is a decorator weight fabric) and the lining (which is quilter's cotton).


While I am sure there are some things that I'll change with the next one - overall, I'm pleased with how it came out!

I hope that she'll like it!!

On another note... I'm still working on the afghan for my mother in law - I'm still committed to finishing it before the holiday is over (and I'm not considering Thanksgiving to be over til I go to bed tomorrow night... lol)!

1 comment:

mandy said...

That is so pretty! I love how you used the D-ring--I hadn't thought of that! Thanks for visiting us!

~mandy
littlebirdiesecrets.com