Anyway - my hands get cold - I mean, really cold, when I'm on the computer or knitting or crocheting at night during the winter. Obviously, one does not want to wear gloves while doing these things.... so, I had seen lots of 'fingerless gloves' or 'wrist warmers' online - and, I thought that I would make some of my own. And, I'm so glad that I did. My little hands are so warm and toasty as I'm typing this post.
Here is a picture of them (or one of them) - as I took the picture myself, I could only get one. As good as I am - try as I may - I couldn't get a picture of both while still holding the camera. So - you'll just have to trust me that I have 2. Trust me that I'm not going all Michael Jackson with crocheted fingerless gloves... ;-)
Now, I've got several more pairs to make - as I've gotten several requests since showing mine off. Luckily - I have a bit of a ride tomorrow (to go to a football game out of town) - so I think that I can knock out several pairs then!
This is how these (to fit my hands) are made. This is CERTAINLY not to be confused with a proper crochet pattern - but, it is instructions for those that might be interested....
1. chain 32 (30 for length - 2 for turning)
2. 1/2 dc across length (start in 3rd ch from hook)
3. ch 3
4. dc across length
5. ch 2
6. repeat steps 2 - 5, until you have 7 rows of 1/2 dc and 7 rows of dc
7. fold your rectangle in half
8. whip stitch from top for 3/4 inch9. leave approx 1 1/2 inch for thumb hole
10. whip stitch rest of length
11. Turn right side out
12. place on your super cool - uber hip little wrist
13. admire your awesome creativeness and oh-so-coolness (b/c everyone else will )
In addition to keeping my hands warm, I figured I'd keep my husband's head warm at the game tomorrow. Here are a few pictures of his crocheted hat that he'll be sporting at the game! I have still not taken a picture of me in my hat! But, I will - I promise!
Now that everything is done to keep us both warm and cozy at the ball game - guess I need to get back on Christmas stuff, huh?