Sunday, July 22, 2007

If it is really helpful (and quick), is it cheating?

Okay - my family is on our way to the beach in a few weeks for our family vacation. My girls, of course, need a 'cover up' for the beach and pool. So - off to Wal-Mart we went to get some fabric. Well, I found this lovely smocked fabric (smocked at the top, with an ample amount of fabric for the skirt and hemmed at the bottom). Seriously, all I have to do is to make a seam up one side and call it a day! They will have cute little pull on cover up. So - since it is this easy, does it mean that I'm cheating? Does it mean less that I don't have to really work to give them a hand made item??


These are the fabrics that I found... In addition to making each of them a cover up for their swim suits, I am going to put some ribbon ties on some of them and make cute little sun dresses. The girls are really excited - in fact, Sarah intends to make her own cover up - it's only one seam - so, I think that she is fully capable of making it! I mean, she has made herself a bag before - this is easy peasy for her!
I'm dreading the weekend ending! I've enjoyed spending so much time with my family this weekend!! And, it doesn't help that I'm swamped at work (and, honestly, behind on some stuff - with my boss breathing down my neck for status on my 'tasks'). Oh, well - hopefully, this will be a better work week than last - and, at the very least, each day puts me closer to our beach vacation!

No comments: