Saturday, July 21, 2007

Coffee Cuff and Another Pop Up Card Holder



I made this pop up card holder for my sister in law (I decided to keep the one that I made the other day, for myself) for her birthday. It has a little bit of beading and some hand stitching for some added detail. I think that it turned out cute. The lining is a cute pink polka dot fabric. I used some pretty ribbon and yarn for the 'pull'. I hope that she will like it and think that it is both cute and functional. I have put a gift card in the holder for the rest of her birthday gift. Now, I just have to make her card and I'm all set.


I also made myself a coffee cuff, using this fabric. Unfortunately, I don't have it on a coffee cup to show it properly - but, I think that you get the point. I can't wait to get a cup of coffee from my favorite coffee house so I can put it to good use. I think that I will be making several of these for my coffee loving friends. I think that they will like them.
I think that the next task that I need to tackle is doing some organizing in my sewing area. I really want to work on quilting some of my yet-to-be quilted quilts, but I realized that I have GOT to get some order in my sewing area before I can do that. Even making these small projects the last few days have been a challenge with the lack of organization in that area.
I'm so happy to be back blogging! And, even more happy to be back sewing again - It's been way too long!!

No comments: