Saturday, September 29, 2007

Race 4 The Cure and a wee bit 'o crafting......


Today I, along with three of my friends, did the Susan G. Komen Race 4 The Cure! I'm so proud of me (and us). We raised money for the cause, showed our support and had lots of fun! Here are a few pictures from the race! I raced (okay, I walked - but, I raced the clock... ;) ) in honor/celebration of my grandmother who is a two time breast cancer survivor! The race didn't take long, it was only 5K - but, it was oh, so much fun! And, I feel very proud about my participation - and, honored to have friends who participated too! I've made up my mind - I'm doing the timed/competitive race next year - I'm so inclined to do so - that I started jogging today at the gym, so that I know I'll be ready by the next race in the spring!!




Don't you like my t-shirt? I did a freezer paper stencil on it! I really, really, really like it - oh, and, I really like it! ;-)

Now - for the crafting! I made a large tote bag. I'm going to make some of these to sell on Etsy, but I'm pretty sure that this one is just for me! ;) I'm in love with this retro looking bowling fabric. I used a fusible fleece for stability and nylon webbing for the handles. I really like the look of fabric handles, but since I intend to use and abuse this bag, I thought that the nylon webbing would offer a lot of stability for the wear and tear.






This bag is HUGE - I can use it for the gym or shopping or whatever - it'll clearly hold everything! This is NOT your tiny little tote bag!! It's finished size is about 20" X 16". I can't wait to use it!!


Since I've been up since 5:45am - I'm actually kind of proud that I've allowed myself time to post a blog entry tonight! Not to mention the fact that I made the tote bag tonight! I think that I'm about ready to crash - but, even so, today has been an extremely satisfying day!

1 comment:

Iguana Banana said...

Hi!
Thanks for stopping by Iguana Banana! I'm glad that you left a comment, because now I found you!
I'll let you know what I finally choose for my tattoo. I am going to definitely get one, just what... And yes, I do not want to see it on anybody else!
Your bag is great! Love the fabric choice. Can't wait to see more.
Ahna