Thursday, May 01, 2008

Quick and Easy Project

I recently bought a new key chain with a college logo. After looking at it, I got to thinking how easy (assuming you could find the hardware - which, I did - yay, me!).


In any event, in my search, I found the following link that gave some instructions on how to do it - though, I admit, I didn't follow the tutorial - as I didn't have the time to bother with the heat and bond... lol. Also, I didn't sew the ends together prior to inserting into the hardware (though, it likely is a good idea to do so) This is the link:

http://www.jcarolinecreative.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=KEYFOB


Also - in addition to making some with ribbon (which, admittedly, is easier), I also finally used my Clover Bias tape maker, to use some fabric that I really liked.




It really only extended the project time by about 5 minutes - so, this extra step certainly doesn't make it a time consuming ordeal.


Here are two of the key fobs that I made. The one on the right is using ribbon. The one on the left is using the fabric that I ran through my Bias Tape Maker. I think that they both turned out cute. I've made others, but they have already made their way into the possession of others..... So, these are the ones I have left for pictures!



I certainly think that the girls' teachers will probably get these for end of school gifts. I'm thinking that I'll use my embroidery machine to personalize them.

If only I hadn't just bought myself one - I guess I could make one just for me... perhaps I'll gift myself one for Mother's Day ;-)

No comments: