Sunday, April 27, 2008

I love my iPod .....

... so, I figured I should keep it 'cozy' ;-)


I made my first iPod cozy, using scrap fleece and ribbon. I think that, considering I didn't even so much as measure my iPod Nano, it turned out quite cute. And, it took me all of about 10 minutes start to finish to do it (not couting the hand stitching to secure the sticky backed velcro - which, incidently, I will NEVER do again. I'm such an idiot sometimes...... but, I digress....... ).

Anywho - here is my new iPod cozy.....




I can't wait to make another one. I am thinking that I may use some yummy wool felt for the next one, perhaps with an applique, such as this one (I'm assuming that this one is using wool felt... it certainly looks like it):



Details on this project (IT IS NOT MINE!!!! - I just lust after it!! lol), can be found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=224736.0

In addition to the iPod cozy - I also tried my hand at felting an old wool sweater (actually, I felted it some time back, but in my 'to do' pile it rested for way too long) and making a bag out of it. I made a little bag that my daughter will wear slung over her body. She really likes it. Given the VERY thick fabric that the felting created, I chose just to sew it up with no lining.


Here are the pics........


And, the best pic - of the lovely model, with her new bag....

I have another bit of the sweater left, so I think that I'll make some other type of bag eventually. We'll see......... Stay tuned!

No comments: